Friday, January 20, 2012

Coming-of-Age Day "Kimono in Japan"

I was thinking to post about kimono worn at the ceremony of the Coming-of-Age Day in Japan. It is the second Monday in January and it is a holiday.  So sorry about my belated post. Although I am not sure if I have the right to post the pictures with faces, I wish to share the beauty of traditional kimono with friends.
Oh, these pictures made me realized that quarter of a century is quite a while, haha.Its designs got really modern and girls' hair styles are so different from my days.
I will paste the 2 sites of the pictures. (one and the other)  lots of same pics, sorry.

クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きますクリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます
                 クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます
                                (the way Obi is tied became so modernized as well)

I hope you all will have a marvelous week end, my friends! 

No comments: