Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Old Japanese (igura style) house & Tamarix chinensis

This Nakagawa-residence was built in 1,884 (明治17年) and donated to the local city about 10 years ago.  We could see the old "igura-style house (2 layered tiled roof, plastered wall)", which created mainly for the purpose of fire-safety. The family owned marine transportation business. Transporting "rice. salt. cotton" to Osaka. Today I wish to show how this old special house in Japan looks like. 




























*  Tamarix chinensis in the garden of the house;
First time for me to see this beautiful tree or flower even though they were not in full bloom♪ Originated in China and it is said that old time Yang Guifei enjoyed seeing its beauty through reed screen.


Thank you very much for reading, I really do appreciate your visit. 
I felt sad my pictures don't do justice to the beautiful place; well, hoping I could let you sense the atmosphere of the house and the flower(^^;)

No comments: