Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sent cards in mourning;

As my father has passed away this year, I had to print out and send the early post cards which letting our relatives and friends know we have to excuse (sending & accepting) the new year cards. 
(we normally don't send Christmas cards in Japan)

I had posted about our new year card hereIt is our traditional custom to send new year cards to the people whom we know.  Even to the old friends we usually don't have contact with. According to the Oriental Zodiac Sign, next year is the year of the horse. So you can see the horse design or Chinese Character "午.馬" in the card like these.  (picture page)


I bought more than 70 for us specialized in mourning and printed them out with the design like you can see below. Letting others know who had passed away in our family this year.  So my old friends whom I don't see much also know about the news. I wonder if there is a way for you to know these news in the western countries like ours.


As for the P.S;  like last year's post, I wish to write about the people's characters according to the zodiac Signs. you can see in what year you were born and check yours here.  By the by, I was born in the sheep year, p;) 


Quote for the character who were born in the horse year;     skillful in paying compliments and talk too much. They are skillful with money and handle finances well. They are quick thinkers, wise and talented. Horse people anger easily and are very impatient.

Inheriting Formalities has almost finished and we are getting ready for the 49th day service when relatives gather and cineration is held by the family monk.

2 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Hi Miyako, I remember too well when there were deaths in my family around the holidays, and we sent no cards, nor put up lights or decorations. Time heals, though, so take heart. Sending you lots of love and hugs from NYC. Xo. P.S. I think I was born in the year of the Horse, 1954?

Louisette said...

Interesting , in Belgium also card for this evements with flowers, religious themes, yours cards are very beautifull, interesting posts in your blog. Best regard from Belgium