Thursday, February 26, 2015

Girl's Day Exhibition;


*雛人形, Hina Doll*  (Expanded from the first doll picture below)

Choufu-city in my prefecture is a castle town, where is one of the reason (or triggered) to open the door to the Meiji Restoration.  At Mori-residence in the city'Hina-Doll Exhibition' link is going on.  As I've posted about this festival last couple years, I wish you to enjoy the pictures :-)  Traditional Japanese festival held to wish girls both health and growth.  

*Entrance, walk way and inside of the front door*

*Two main Tiered Doll Stand for Hina Dolls and other works*
*This lady showed me how the Japanese '手鞠・Temari'  is made*
She explained me that the purple color bird is made by using her grandmother's kimono.
So the work has special meaning for her.  Hope you can see the arrow in the picture below.

*For the last, one arrangement and the back yard*
         Some of my old friends might remember;  
I wish I still had my doll which my grandmother gave me but they were eaten by mouse. Traditionally, Hina-doll is bought by grand parents.

Thank you very much for stopping by;

No comments: